We have a history of investing in companies with proprietary platforms that can generate innovative new products and services over multiple years and deliver outsized compound stock returns. We were early in discovering Aflac who disrupted the supplemental insurance market with its cancer insurance platform, as well as Intel whose continuous advancement of its microprocessors (Moore's Law) helped to pioneer the Digital Revolution.
Other investments include:
- ASML and Novellus (key Semiconductor Equipment Suppliers)
- Qualcomm (proprietary CDMA technology for cellular networks)
- Apple (broad product platform with integrated software and services)
- Tesla (superior battery technology and wireless upgradability of electric vehicles)
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals (RNA-targeting antisense drug discovery platform)
- Amyris (microbial engineering and optimization technology platform leading the emerging Synthetic Biology Revolution)